Adopted in 1995 and amended in 2000, 2003, 2005 and 2007
Click here to see the
Amends Rule 3 (League officers), Rule 11 (AGM date), Rule 18 (non-league
clubs in Cup), adds Rule 20 (joining fee)
- The name of the League shall be Victoria Park Community Cricket League
- Cricket shall be played under the current Laws of Cricket issued by the MCC and to the Rules and Playing Conditions specific to this League and Cup Competition as passed and amended by the league from time to time
- The Officers of the League shall consist of the President, Chairperson, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and Fixtures Secretary.
Their roles will be as follows:
Chairman: Final arbiter in disputes and other issues.
Secretary/webmaster: First point of contact, runs website, collates results,
maintains contacts list, delegates dispute resolution to other committee
members, books venue for AGM.
Fixtures Secretary: Draws up fixtures, books pitches, handles rearrangement of
fixtures (especially cup games).
Treasurer: All financial matters, pays council and other suppliers, responsible
for collecting fees and fines.
Non-executive members: Dispute resolution and other ad hoc duties.
- The management of the League shall be vested in the General committee which shall consist of the Officers and three other elected members. The Officers of the League will normally come from different teams. The three other members will also come from different teams, although they can come from teams who have had an Officer elected. At least six different teams must have representatives on the committee
- The Hon.Secretary shall notify all Committee members of the date and venue of Committee meetings. 5 members are required to form a quorum at meetings.
- All resolutions shall be proposed, seconded and decided by all those present at full league meetings on a simple majority, except in relation to a change in the League Constitution
- The Officers and General Committee members shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the League
- The General Committee is empowered to form such sub-committees as may be required.
- The League shall comprise of a number of teams which will have been elected to the League by a simple majority of existing teams. It is the responsibility of each team to send a representative to League meetings who will be empowered to vote on behalf of their team. Teams can send more than one representative though each team will have only one vote. Any team wishing to become elected to the League must be proposed and seconded by existing teams before a vote is taken
- The annual subscription for all teams in the League shall be determined by the General Committee and be confirmed at a General League Meeting.
A proportion, to be decided by the General Committee, of the subscription shall become due on March
1st, with the balance due on April 15. Teams who have not paid their subscriptions in full by
April 15 will not be allowed to take part in the League or Cup Competitions.
- The AGM of the League shall be held by 12th March. The Hon. Secretary shall give 14 days clear notice to all teams entitled to attend
- The Accounts of the League shall be presented to the AGM
- Nominations for Officers of the League and members of the General Committee should be made before the meeting though this will not preclude nominations being taken at the meeting
- The following business shall be transacted at the AGM:
- The presentation of the minutes of the previous AGM
- A report from the Chairperson and/or the Hon. Secretary
- The presentation of the Annual Accounts
- Reports from other officials
- Election of the Officers
- Election of the General Committee
- Resolutions to change any of the League or Cup rules
- Resolutions to alter the Constitution
- Any other business
- Special/Extraordinary General Meeting.Such a meeting of the League may be called at any time by the Committee or at the request of 5 teams from the League. Only business for which the meeting has been called shall be discussed. A notice specifying the business, the time, date and place of the meeting shall be sent to each team at least 7 days before the date fixed for the meeting.
- A copy of the Constitution shall be given to each team on election to the League. The Constitution may be altered at the AGM or at a Special General Meeting convened solely for that purpose. At least two thirds of the votes cast are required for an alteration. Not less that 7 days notice shall be given to the Hon. Secretary of any proposed alteration
- The General Committee shall have the power to decide any matters not covered by the Constitution
teams may play in the Cup, but only with a view to joining the league the
following or subsequent seasons. A non-league team can play in the Cup in two
successive seasons, but if it does not join the league the following season it
will be excluded from that year's Cup tournament. In other words, a non-league
team cannot play three successive years in the Cup.
- Teams must
respect the trophies they have won & ensure they are looked after. The
trophies must be fully engraved and when requested by the Committee must be
returned on time. Failure of any team to ensure this could result in their
- New teams will be asked to pay a one-off non-refundable joining fee of